Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Dear Ms. Z: Please Help Me Plan for a Talk on Storytelling

To continue from last Monday’s post, January 14, 2019, here are my tips and advise for Ms. Sheila Joy Bañares on planning for a talk on storytelling.

An outline may look like this;

1. Objective of my session

2. Professional Sharing: My Storytelling Experiences in the Library

a. Why do I conduct storytelling session for kids
b. What books and stories do I read aloud and share
c. How do I tell stories and read books aloud ( do a demonstration)

3. Storytelling pa more!
Here, you can show some of my videos when telling stories

Feel free to use my videos, but do cite and attribute as required. I don’t mind sharing information and skills, but courtesy matters a lot to me.

Read Aloud Sampler - one of my favorite stories to read aloud is George Shannon’s Lizard’s Rock. This wonderful story book talks about the songs we sing and the places we call home. Palyfully illustrated and colored by Jose Aruego and Arianne Dewey. 

Joseph and His Overcoat is storytelling with the use of paper tearing. I love telling this story because it speaks of creativity as a crucial set skill needed for survival. Also, the use of paper when telling this story in the oral tradition is a simple but effective way of driving the point home.

To all librarians out there telling stories, go and multiply! Stories keep us alive!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...