Tuesday, January 22, 2019

3x3: Ann Grace Bansig’s Top 3 Best Reads of 2018

Reading has been one of my stress relievers. I am glad that our library has a good collection. So, I am going to share with you the most delightful books that I have read for 2018. 

Here are my Top 3 best reads for 2018:

Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – Recommended by a good friend, this book is about two young men, Ari and Dante, discovering their true self. What I like most about this book was the support, love and acceptance of Ari’s parents. I wish many books of this kind be published in the future as it shows an understanding of the LGBT community. 

The Inexplicable logic of my life by Benjamin Alire Sanez – I enjoyed the story of Ari and Dante so I looked up for the author’s other works and found this book in our library collection. It’s about Sal and his struggles when senior high started. It was a good read as you will also get to know his amazing dad, grandmother and friends Sam and Fito. 

The Origin by Dan Brown – This book will take you to the modern Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao with Robert Langdon, the famous Harvard professor of symbology. This is about a ‘revelation’ of the discovery of Langdon’s former student that will change the science forever and will shake the foundation of the Catholic religion. If you have read other Dan Brown’s works, then you will surely delight on this page-turner and heart-stopping book. 




Ann Grace Bansig is currently the Audio-Visual Librarian at De La Salle Santiago Zobel School. She likes writing papers about children’s books and also an enthusiast traveler, storyteller and community volunteer.

3x3 is a series of blog posts that features three books each with a review of three sentences long. For the month of January, the blog is featuring Filipino Librarians and their top 3 best reads of 2018. Read the first post here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...