Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 In Review: Author Visits and Book Launched at the MIBF 2018

2018 was also a productive year for me as an author. I was invited to do author talks and visited two schools of different backgrounds and grade levels.

In November, I had an Author Visit in Domuschola International School for their Middle Years and Diploma Program students. I was surprised that my book, A Tale of Two Dreams (Lampara) was chosen as a reading material in the Filipino A class. Meeting a former student from Xavier School was another pleasant surprise. The following month, I gave an Author Visit at Gan Etz Ha Haim where I told stories and read aloud my K-3 books to their preschoolers. One of the highlights of the visit for me was seeing the synagogue of the Jewish community, the only one in Metro in Manila.

In the middle of 2018, the article I wrote for Book Watch, the official magazine of the National Book Development Board saw publication. My writing featured the growing reading organisations in the regions as well as storytelling groups outside Metro Manila. To date, one of the featured groups, the Pilar Reading Center in Masbate has been recognised by Malacanang as a literacy advocacy group run by a public school teacher with support from the DepEd and Local Government Unit.

Lastly, as it is my goal every year, I have a book launched at the Manila International Book Fair. Read the back story of  Ino the Invincible and highlights of the launching at the MIBF.

So, as I bid thee goodbye to 2018, I look forward to a fruitful and productive 2019!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...