Thursday, December 27, 2018

2018 In Review: Books Reviewed

As 2018 winds down to its last days, I continue writing my blog's year in reviews. This one is about the books I have read and posted a review on the blog.

Fiction and Non-Fiction Book Review   of High School Hacks is a DIY-survival Guide for students enrolled in the IB Program. Plus, it has a short review on Lian Hearn's The Storyteller's Daughters. One of the more memorable read I have this 2018 is the Sycthe Series by Neal Shusterman. Read my review of book 2, Thunderhead in this link.

The Holiday Season is a time when I also catch up on my reading. So, to recall, here are links to
Christmas romcom books and more Christmas romance books I read over the holiday break in 2017 but posted reviews in January 2018. I also received advance reader copies of ebooks. I reviewed ARC of Cora Seton's A Seal's Purpose, a contemporary romance series and a college preparatory guidebook ACT Prep.

Since 2016, I followed through two young adult series by Alwyn Hamilton, the Rebel in Sand series and Sabaa Tahir's Ember in the Ashes series. Hamilton's final installment to Rebel, Hero at the Fall was a satisfying closure to the series. Tahir's Reaper at the Gates is the deep breathe before the end and conclusion to Elias and Leia's adventure.

Sadly, I am only able to post two reviews of books by Filipino authors in the blog. Read Eric Ramos, Author of Productivong Librarianship and Emiliana Kampilan's Dead Balagtas. The later won a National Book Award last month. The hype over this book is real. But, I am still seated on my chair on this one as I have read books and graphic novels of this kind before.

And then, there are book reviews I posted in the blog from books I picked from our library. Dialogue and Humble InquiryHow Psychology WorksThe Demon Haunted World and Other BooksFormative Five are all good reads I shared with the Beacon Academy community as well as readers of the blog.

It's been a good reading year, judging from this list of book reviews. To think that I have not posted fiction I read during the second half of 2018 is saying a lot about the concerns and the work that kept me busy. Lined up for 2019 are Candy Gourlay's Bone Talk, Hello, Universe,  Still Me by Jojo Moyes, and From the Library of CS Lewis.

Happy sigh. I am giving myself a pat on the back.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...