Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Movie Review: Spiderman Into the Spiderverse

I learn many things from my children. One of them is listening to their advise when making decisions on what movie to watch. Because they are both Marvel fans, they recommend I watch Spiderman Into the Spiderverse. So, I did.

Now I wish the cinemas get to show the animated movie after the Metro Manila Film Festival. I wish to see it one more time.

Here are five reasons why.

1. Peter Parker remains an endearing character even after all these years. In this filmic interpretation, he is a mentor and a guide to Miles Morales. He is not the perfect teacher but his heroics, almost messianic turn as hero, is kept intact. However, the Peter Parkers in this movie is more aware now of the cost and the risk of being a super hero. At the end ofthe  day, the hero is your average guy who couldn’t save everyone, especially people he loves.

2. Miles Morales is the Spiderman worth rooting for! He keeps making mistakes and never gives up until he finds his footing. This is the same trait I see in Tom Holland’s rendition of Spidey so, thanks to the creators of the movie for staying true to this story arc.

3. The art! Oh, the art! 

4. The soundtrack! I am a gen Xer, but damn — I enjoyed the music, especially Sunflower.

5. Like the comic books, this movie provides a satisfying end to Miles Morales’ journey and origin story but the what ifs are uneding! 

My rating: 4 stars out of 5. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...