Sunday, August 16, 2020

What Goes Behind Zoom and an Online Author Visit

Family will always matters so I picked Max for the read aloud.
This month is Buwan ng Wika. The theme this year is indigenous languages and "bayanihan". I posted on the blog early this month that I am preparing for storytelling sessions which will be delivered online. Given the circumstances, it is the only way to go.

COVID-19 has turned our world upside down. We are not prepared for this contagion but our DNA is built in with the natural instinct to survive. Thus, we use all the necessary tools and means to create and communicate to each other and with each other.

Other than a recorded storytelling video, I have been interviewed for an Author Visit by the De La Salle DLS Zobel Librarians. A week ago, I was hooked in Zoom with my dear friend Ann Grace Bansig. She interviewed me for a recorded online Author Visit for DLS Zobel's Buwan ng Wika celebration. We talked about my books and the experiences I have writing them. I enjoyed the session and I am pretty excited to see how it will turn out.

This new experience provided us with many advantages. One, we had the time to schedule the interview at our most convenient day and hour. Two, as guest author, I was able to prepare for the interview since I had the outline of the script before hand. Three, there are enough days or lead time for the librarians to edit the video. Just imagine the preparations the DLS Zobel librarians went through. Also, this new media of communication required them to learn the technology of rendering videos online. Overnight, these school librarians became media practitioners.

This is a snippet the recorded read aloud of The Day Max Flew Away in Zoom.

What comes to mind is the preparations I do for when I am a guest in Ang Pinaka in GMA TV. We undergo the same process, except that, the production team of Ang Pinaka are media people and professionals in the field.

I think it would benefit librarians and most specially, the teachers who will use television and media in the delivery of lessons this coming school year to get a crash course on media production.

Let us see where this will lead us!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...