Sunday, August 9, 2020

My First SLJ Teen Live

I attended SLJ Teen Live last Thursday, August 6 online. The theme this year is Our Voice, Our Time. It was my first virtual book fair and I was floored! Needless to say, I had a grand time participating in this book event online.
My digital tote bag is full of freebies - bookmarks, e-posters of new books and graphic novels for middle grades and high school students, discussion guides, samplers and e-ARCs! I sat in panels where writers and illustrators of YA literature presented their books and expressed sentiments about racism and the pandemic. There was a librarians lounge, a chat room where participants chat with authors and illustrators, content creators and colleagues in librarianship.
I learned lots. I got some ideas how to start a virtual book club. I finally have a NetGalley account! And that's where I am reading David Yoon’s new book, Super Fake Love Song. It is hilarious. He writes honest and humorous romance. I am now a fan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...