Monday, August 3, 2020

Using Google Site To Make A Library Website (1 of 2)

On Sunday night, I posted on Facebook photos of the library website I made using Google Site. The Pioneer is one of two library websites I made during quarantine spilling over the summer while preparing for the opening of online distance learning. 

Along with the photos are my reflections that came about after working on the site.

I made my first library website using HTML, Windows Notepad and Internet Explorer. That library website was one of the requirements submitted to Ma’am Lourdes T. David, my grad school prof for LIS 100 - Information Science (if my memory serves me right). I had a lot of fun in her class but that deserves another post in another time. Suffice it to say that in Ma’am Lou’s class, there was diversity, inclusion and care. So my insecure heart gained confidence and the courage to try new things. 
I still feel insecure on most days. Doubting myself, thinking through processes for long periods of time and tempering my moods.  
 Oo. Procrastinator ako. ðŸ˜‚
But I always go back to those memories with Audrey in Ma’am Lou’s class. Learning logic from her and listening to computer language spoken in lectures delivered by Ma’am Lou herself. There were also resource speakers from the IT and EdTech disciplines whom she invited to speak in class. From her, I learned collaboration too!  
I often tell myself, that if I was able to do it back then, I can do it again and again and again. 


And here is my handy work! A new library website for our students who will begin school tomorrow. My library orientation with them will start on Tuesday. I am excited and nervous. And stressed. Thanks to Google Suite for these cool tech! And so much love to Ma’am Lou for teaching me the basics of programming. It sure comes in useful especially in this day of intuitive technology. 
Have a look at the screenshots of the library website I made. This one is an online module for learning research and information literacy skills. Send feedback. Ask questions. We can always learn from each other!
How I made the website, I will write about it the next post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...