Friday, August 30, 2019

Author Visit at Keys School Manila

Thank you to the teacher librarians of Keys School Manila, Teachers Alfred and Van, for hosting my author visit with their students in kinder, grade 1 and 2 levels. I had a wonderful time sharing about my life as a writer, the stories behind my published books and the structure of writing I use for my stories. The Keys students were curious, confident and authentic inquirers. 




Thank you so much to my publisher, Lampara House for setting up a booth to display and sell my books. Signing copies of books that students bought took me an hour! I am excited to see my new book launched at the Manila International Book Fair this September.




The visit was like a reunion for I have met former co-teachers and children of friends I knew from my librarian days in Xavier School. Now I look forward to continuing partnership with the teacher librarians in Keys School as they have recently been authorized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. It is in the IB where collaboration, resource sharing and networking truly happens. Let’s see what’s in store for us Filipino Librarians in the IB network!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...