Monday, September 2, 2019

Bookish Conversations and Self Publishing

Von Totanes, Director of the Rizal Library, introduced me to Techie Lopez via Messenger. Techie is an aspiring author who is at a crossroads. She has written a story but could not decide where to bring her manuscript. Finally, after chatting online, she decided to self publish. 




When I met her last week, she was already applying for an ISBN. Overwhelmed but undaunted, she told me the process she has gone through so far. As a response, I showed her copies of my published books and told her of my own publishing story. She asked how I started out as an author. I introduced her to the system and the ecology of the book industry. She was pleasantly surprised to find out that a supportive community awaits her in Philippine Children’s Literature. 

Before we parted ways, I gave her copies of my books. We took a selfie, of course! It made it on social media and this is what she said of our meeting and about my books —

Zarah Gagatiga is a teacher librarian, a storyteller, a blogger, and an award winning author (both in the Philippines and abroad).  Her generous heart, encouraging spirit and passion to develop quality children’s literature in the Philippines is inspiring. Thank you, Von, for introducing me to her ❤️

Here are some of her other books, all meaningful, easy to read with great artwork by talented illustrators. They’re very affordable in bookstores. 

This is not the last I will be seeing Techie. I am sure of that! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...