Tuesday, September 17, 2019

MIBF 2019 Moments

And so the 40th Manila International Book Fair came to pass. My new book didn’t make it to the launching date because of constraints in the printing schedule but I had fun nonetheless. I went there as a reader and storyteller.

I  cued in line for Trese 7. Picked up books for young adult and intermediate readers at Adarna House. Bought books for the library at the Ateneo de Manila University Press and UP Press booths. Bumped into old friends in the book industry and for the first time, heard mass in SMX. I met new authors in Kahel Press and chatted for a bit with their staff. As of writing, they are going through issues of infringement but Ruth “Wowie” Catabijan is making sure they learn from the mistake.

I judged the Lampara Batang Kuwentista Storytelling Contest. How can I say no to my publisher? All the while, Jun Matias and I have identified gaps in the children’s book publishing industry. Needless to say, he and I have more book projects to do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...