Tuesday, June 21, 2005

From Teaching to Facilitating

When I get comments on my posts, I feel validated. Whatever the comments are, either in the affirmative or in the negative, I welcome them because these are well springs of ideas. It is in our intercaction with others and in the exchange of insights that we further learn and know more about the we are and the world we live in.

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised when Ivan Chew of Singapore posted comments on my June 18 post. He clearly has an answer to my question, and it is one taken with a grain of salt. Aside from the tips he enumerated on how the facilitation of ILS can be done, librarians in Singapore face the same issue of dissinterest and inattentiveness among younger clients.

Now that doesn't make me feel so isolated. For the full reply, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...