Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Namjooning at the Ayala Museum


I was in Makati for a follow up checkup yesterday and there was a window of opportunity to swing by the Ayala Museum for a few hours of #Namjooning. I got a 50% discount using my faculty ID so, I took my time enjoying the Ceramic exhibit.

As a hobbyist potter, I swelled with pride to find myself engaged in a centuries old tradition and way of life. Modern pottery has changed tremendously nonetheless, I see some aspects of the technology being practiced to this day. Moving on to the weaving and indigenous textile exhibit, spurned my growing interest in local and indigenous clothing.

The real reason I willed myself to go to The Ayala Museum was the Ang Ilustrador ng Kabataan exhibit. It is a yearly event that INKies stage and execute during National Children's Book season. Amazing! It is still up until July 28, 2024 so, head on to the museum. This is free so, have a look at the current crop of artists designing and illustrating books for children.



The guards and invigilators are so friendly, they are willing to take your photos.
I had my photo taken beside Onyok, Ang Mahiyaing Manok and the Ang INK Exhibit banner. This one is for you, Totet!

Happy National Children’s Book Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...