Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 in Pictures

2022 was the year of bouncing back. 

It was not easy especially at work when we all had to blend online learning with in-person schooling. Thanks to a supportive school leadership and friends in school, the transition had been manageable. 

In terms of community involvement, I had opportunities to touch base with friends old and new. I signed up with Tuttle Publishing in April for a book project about Philippine Folk Tales for children. I went back to reading intervention. My kids and I participated in events and activities in the Magis Youth Ministry. My ARMY life kicked up several notches and I found a tribe of women I can celebrate with the joys and life journeys of Bangtan. I became a streamer and DJ over on Spotify and Stationhead. I won in a game show with a formidable team of Kuwentista or Storytellers. I judged the Palancas this year and witnessed the steady and sturdy growth of the children's book industry. 

Of the many experiences I had in the year that was, I can say that my meaning of family has been redefined. I continue to re-claim myself as I journey into midlife. Thank you, 2022. Forward, I go!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...