Saturday, April 9, 2022

Read Aloud Wednesday @Keys International School

 Around the last week of March, I was invited to read aloud for a small group of students at Keys International School. Their Teacher Librarians, teachers Al and Van, have been to Beacon Academy for a visit and professional collaboration previous to the pandemic. Over the course of the lockdown, we would get in touch on Messenger to chat and consult each other on our best practices during online distance learning. Needless to say, we have lent professional support to each other for the past two years.

When Teacher Al invited me to conduct a short read aloud session for his primary grades students, I said yes, of course. This is a regular online activity they have for their students as a break from serious and tedious routine of online learning. Of course, we learn from anything we do be it deliberate of by leisure.

So, I prepared a read aloud using Daniel Kirk's The Library Mouse.  It is my staple read aloud activity to chidlren to introduce them to books, reading, authorship and the library. Below is my slide presentation. I used the e-book copy in my Kindle for the read aloud. It was fun!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...