Monday, April 25, 2022

Down Shifting from the PTD On Stage Las Vegas Online Concert

I am relatively a baby ARMY who has seen five BTS concerts yet: Sowozoo, the 8th Muster; PTD On Stage, PTD On Stage Live Seoul, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Albeit online, all five shows have left me asking for more Bangtan content to consume, to enjoy with ARMY friends and to ponder on the big and small things in life.


It is taking me a while to change gears. Like a movie in my mind, I play some scenes from Day 4 of the PTD On Stage Las Vegas concert over and over again. On repeat. I relish the moments that define my relationship with Bangtan and the fandom. I dream of the day when I can see them perform live. For now, I can only imagine the euphoria of witnessing the power and the purity of OT7 in the flesh.

I do not know when that day will come, but these remarkable moments from Day 4 of the PTD On Stage Las Vegas concert are keepsakes I hold close to my heart.

 From adversity to opportunity

Jin danced and sang with a cast on his left hand. Ah, resilience personified. For performances that were too complex to do because of his injury, he sat on a chair singing while looking at the members finish the routine. It wrecked my heart into tiny little pieces. His injury did not prevent him from practicing and performing as best as he can with the group though. He was even apologetic for being injured, a burden to his brothers. This mathyung does not throw his weight around.

At ending ment, when J-hope appreciated him and gave him credit for his professionalism, he felt diminished. The love and respect of a younger member who happens to be the best dancer in the group was too much to take. It was my first time to see World Wide Handsome bashful and blushing. He looked so damn sexy.

The Tannies have had injuries while on tour. Back in 2018, Jeon Jungkook had a minor accident in his hotel room in London. His left foot required stitches so he sang sitting down. Kim Taehyung had a similar predicament last October 2021 and was relegated to a comfy seat during the PTD On Stage. These mishaps led to altercations in Bangtan’s performances, but for some strange reason, their routines looked enhanced.

The Hybe production team and the Tannies are capable at turning adversity into golden opportunities. We know what happened to J-hope and JK days before their Grammy performance. With only one day to prepare as a complete unit, they called on experience and pulled out all the stops to deliver a performance never been seen on a Grammy stage.  Bangtan’s brand of teamwork and professionalism are unparalleled.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...