Saturday, May 1, 2021

First Quarter Online Author Visits of 2021

The first four months of 2021 have passed by so quickly! Schools that follow the regular academic calendar are on break and many have streamed their online graduation ceremonies on YouTube and Facebook. In our school, we are counting the days till June, then we will bid academic year 2020-2021 goodbye. We learned so much this year living through the Pandemic of 2020. I will be reserving a series of posts for this topic next month. For now, I reckon, as published author of children's books, the Online Author Visits I have had since January 2021.

This is a remarkable venture for me as an author. I used to get invitations from schools to do face to face Meet the Author and live Author Visits in classrooms and school libraries. With the lockdown and a year in quarantine, friends from the basic education sector shifted to the digital platform with many events such as book fairs, storytelling sessions and talks by resource person delivered through streaming channels. Even my publisher, Lampara Books have pivoted to an online platform to promote readership and market books and our expertise. There are learning and graces to be had!

Here is a rundown of the Author Visits I have had so far.

SUKI is LIFE with Zarah G - Last January 15, I was a guest at SUKI IS LIFE! my publisher's online shop and marketing space. It was a lot of fun talking about books of all kinds (of course, those published by Precious Pages and Lampara Books) and the readers who own them. What's more, I was able to promote my new book, Masaya Ang Maging Ako!

Characters We Love - This is an infographic I made for an Author Visit online during the Book Festival at De La Salle Zobel (DLSZ) Learning Resource Center in February. A few weeks after the schedule online visit, I received responses from students of DLSZ! This is always a happy news for an author like me. I love getting feedback from the readers I write for. Click this link to When Students Write Back to Me!

It was also in March when I had an Author Visit with grade 8 students of our sister school, The Beacon School. This was really fun! I used Campbell's The Hero's Journey as framework for my talk on character development.

And here is an online TeleRadyo guesting I had with AHA Eskwelang Pamilya Live where our book, Masaya Ang Maging Ako (Gagatiga & Bauza, Lampara Books 2020) was featured. I had an interview with Teacher Chynna about the benefits of reading and the empowering experience of finding one's self in the pages of a book.

ATM https://www.facebook.com/dzrj810am/videos/3247903775311725/

Posted by Zarah C. Gagatiga on Sunday, March 7, 2021



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...