Wednesday, February 3, 2021

World Read Aloud Day 2021: An Online Author Visit at Keys School Manila

 


Today is World Read Aloud Day! Yesterday, I spent it with K-3 students of Keys School Manila. I read aloud my story My Daddy! My One and Only! (illustrated by Jomike Tejido, Lampara Books 2012). Nothing beats a face-to-face session, but doing an Author Visit online for the time being since it is the age of the pandemic is fine by me. 

In this medium and learning environment, the definition of engagement and participation changes. A 30-minute session is already a long haul for learners in K-3. In my experience since the pandemic started in March 2020, my storytelling plans must include visuals that are colorful, appealing to the eyes, music that is short and lively, a well selected story and activities that students can do asynchronously.

I am still learning as I go. If anything, that is one of the good things that this pandemic has brought me.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...