Friday, February 12, 2021

Book Review: The Moment I Knew I'm So Into You

The Moment I Knew I'm So Into You

By Imelda Caravaca Ferrer, Self Published/HSGrafiK/PaperKat 2020


I cannot anymore remember the first time I met Teacher Imelda. But, I am sure of two things about her that first time we met. It was in a teacher training for DepEd Makati teachers where she was a participant and I was the speaker (there were many more teacher training sessions where she and I touched based over the years). She was then a principal, quiet but perceptive. When she started speaking her mind on the topic of the training which was about Reading Education, her eyes lit and she exuded an aura of warmth. 

Quiet and perceptive.

Passionate to a fault and warm.

This is the Teacher Imelda I met all those years ago. She has not changed. Proof to that is the book of poetry she recently self published. The Moment I Knew I'm So Into  You is Teacher Imelda as you see her and as you know her. 

Her poems, when read collectively is her love story with life. Each chapter is entitled after the boys she met, loved and remembered by and yet, her poetry collection is really her journey of loving life to the fullest. She is honest. Comfortable in her own skin. Free to express her feelings. Open to the past, present and the future. I cannot say it was an easy road taken as many of her poems speak of heart break and longing. 

But we do all know how it is to survive pain and strife. To read her poetry in the joys and sufferings of falling in and out of love, and coming out scared but stronger is a story we all can relate to. This is a triumph we all can share with Teacher Imelda.

Congratulations, Teacher Imelda! You are a kindred spirit. I look forward to more of your poems and stories.

Review: 3.5 Bookmarks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...