Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Paghilom at Pag-asa sa Panahon ng Pandemya: 3x3 Best Reads by Audrey Anday

Here is Ms. Audrey Anday's 3x3 Best Reads. Librarians read!

Allow me to share my output for the second priming activity, for the webinar-workshop Paghilom at Pag-asa sa Panahon ng Pandemya: Kamusta ka? Kamusta na? Magkamustahan Kata sa Panahon ng Pandmeya!

 

Here are three books I considered as my best reads for the past two years, with my simple review of the book in three sentences and complete bibliographic data of each book. 

 

Mama said there’d be days like this (but she never said just how many) by Charlene Ann Baumbich, published by Guideposts, 1995.

 

This book served as divine summation of stories about good, bad and dubious days that I helped me laugh at my own escapades. It reminded me of certain Someone I need to remember and hold close, days that I treasure so much from yesterday events and as long as my childhood. Truly, everyday is a gift, everyday offers a chance to giggle and backslap, belly laugh and hug, cry and dream, love and forgive, something my Mama used to tell me.

 

A little salty to cut the sweet: Southern stories of faith, family and fifteen pounds of bacon by Sophie Hudson, published by Tyndale House Publishers Inc.,  2013.

 

How this book was written also has a different way of touching my heart. It made me recall family days, our gatherings, meals and stories we share  that really became our sources of nourishment. This book illustrates how God faithfully teaches us deep lasting lessons about loyalty, love and more about Him.

 

Language the language of prayer by Joyce Huggett, published by The Bible Reading Fellowship, 1994.

 

As the saying goes, Communication is the lifeblood and heartbeat of every relationship, that is why I am delighted to have this guide as I explore the heart of prayer. It also emphasized the importance of having a prayer journal and creatively take note of the promises and revelation of words spoken/written. Silent time with God in an established prayer corner/prayer room reserved for quiet prayer is a sacred time is very important.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...