Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Back to Back Book Reviews: Agileon '55 and I Decided To Live as Me


A dear friend who has passed on once told me that I must keep three kinds of friends. One who is older than I am to assure me that everything is going to be alright after many failures and defeats. One who is my contemporary so that we can both laugh at our mistakes. And one who is younger than I am to remind me that heart breaks are essentially good to live a full life. 

 This book is that third friend. It is wounded and learning. It is young and convicted. It is honest and brave. This is the book -- the friend, that I appreciate reading given the circumstances I am in at this moment of my life. 

I Decided to Live As Me By Soo-hyun Kim Translations by Ma. Kristina Carlo Rico and Kyung-min Bae APop/Adarna House 2020

Rating: Four Bookmarks

This is a special book sent to me by the Solina sisters,
Bernadette
,
Joy
and
Yvette
whom I have met and worked with in varied and different ways. Now I know the source of their intelligence and grace while reading Agileon ‘55 in Saudi Arabia: Memoirs and Perplexities of a Project Manager by Romeo A. Solina.

Through this book, I was invited into the colorful lives of the Solinas, most especially from their father as I gain insights about military science as applied to program management. Even the author’s reflections of the little things that appear mundane are elevated into virtues I often look for in every day life. Snoopy is the best, Mr. Solina. I agree with you, 💯 percent!

Rating: 3 Bookmarks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...