Friday, February 22, 2019

Dear Ms. Z: Advise on Ereaders and Apps for Ereading

One of our seniors sent me this query:

Good evening, miss! 
Just a quick question, I was wondering what you thought of E-readers such as the Kindle? Are they worth it? I know that nothing compares to the feeling of a real book in my hands and actually flipping through pages and even the scent that books carry. 
But, I have been considering a Kindle in order to consolidate a lot of my books and have them a lot easier to access on-the-move. What are your thoughts?  
Thank You!
This was my reply:

If your purpose is to consolidate ebooks and online references, it is practical to use an Ereader. I recommend that you use the Kindle app in an iPad or an Android. This way, you can download other apps for ebooks and PDFs like Adobe, Mobi, ePub, etc. Kindle E-readers are pretty limited. You cannot open other EReader apps in a Kindle.  

An iPad or an Android  allows you to purchase apps that will support ereading for note-taking, annotations and writing short reviews. Always be aware of digital management rights and creative commons when acquiring and reading digital materials. Other apps you can explore when using a pad or a tablet is the journaling and syncing apps. You would need a back-up for your ebooks and the notes you take while reading on a digital device. 
Hope this helps! 
What about you? What is your Ereader and Ereading app of choice?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...