Monday, February 4, 2019

Masaya sa Pasinaya 2019

I kicked off the month of hearts with art.

After church last Sunday, February 3, I headed to the Cultural Center of the Philippines. It was the last day of Pasinaya 2019, an arts and artists festival that CCP stages yearl. It gathers all performing artists, visual artists and literary arts for showcases and presentations.

The eldest, Nico, who beatboxes for ConChords, was scheduled to perform at 4pm. Arriving early, I looked around and met friends in the industry. And I was not even inside the CCP yet! I was outside the building, at the complex where there is a "tiangge" or flea market picking out accessories when I bumped into writer friends I have not seen in a while, NGO people and cultural workers I had workshops with, and teachers from DepED who brought their students to watch the shows.

Moving up to enter the building at the front entrance, I saw the fountain alive and spurting. A good, strong crowd was lined up the lobby. I am often at CCP for shows and the annual National Children’s Book Day celebration but this Pasinaya was the first for me. And this was the first time I saw CCP filled with people, young and old, from all walks of life. For 50 Php, you could watch and see, experience art all you can!

Congrats, CCP! I look forward to attending next year's Pasinaya.

Happy HeARTS Month! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...