Friday, November 8, 2013

I Want To Be a Fit Filipino Librarian

I weighed 160 lbs. in 2008. At 4 ft. 11 in., this was way above my normal weight. I suffered from shortness of breath when walking and climbing up stairs. I felt pain in my ankles and in my back. Getting up in the morning was a chore. I was bloated most of the time and shopping for clothes was frustrating. 

At the time, I was very active with facilitating workshops and conducting lectures on top of my full time work. Not until my husband honestly told me how being obese would lower my credibility rating did I confront the issue of weight loss. Besides, he told me of his anxiety about health problems I will face in my 40s if I do not change to a healthy lifestyle.


Listening to him, I availed of the free gym use granted to me by our school's HR department. My name was drawn out of a bowl when Gold's Gym offered free training and fitness sessions for the school's faculty and staff. I had a personal trainer who was my fitness companion. I changed my diet and committed to the gym workout my trainer planned for me. My journey to fitness and a change in lifestyle began

In eight months, I lost 30 lbs. 

Five years after, I am 10 lbs. near my weight in 2008.

This July, my physical exam results came out with the doctor's recommendation of losing 20 to 30 lbs. off. I've attempted to go back to a healthy diet and do routine walking exercises since then but it's been a difficult, personal battle. I know something has to give.

When I learned about Coach Jim Saret's FitFil programvia Janette Toral, a voice inside me pushed me to get in touch with her. For twelve days beginning on November 12, 2013 to December 7, 2013, I'll be committing myself to the Nestle Wellness FitFil Boot Camp.

What attracted me to the program is the opportunity to design my own fitness program. I hope that after finishing the 12 sessions, I'll be able to sustain an exercise regimen that fits my lifestyle and health profile. More than looking good, I chose to take care of myself because it is my responsibility. I have done this before and I know I can do this again.

If you're interested to know more about Coach Jim Saret's FitFil program,simply click the links I added above and register. There are three venues: Bonifacio Global City, Alabang Town Center and Mall Of Asia. The BGC group started last week. The ATC group will begin on Tuesday next week and the MOA group starts on November 19, 2013. What's interesting about this fitness program is that this time, I'll be joining a group. I will be with others who share the same concerns, worries and passion for a healthy lifestyle.


I'll be blogging my progress every week. I'll be posting pictures too. I'm also on Twitter via @coffeegoddes and I have an FB account. So, these are my platforms to journal my second journey, my second chance at choosing wellness.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...