Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An Early Christmas Party

The Philippine Board On Books For Young People (PBBY) had an early Christmas party at Nina Lim-Yuson's lovely home in Makati. It was my first with the PBBY. In years past, there was always an event or a work related activity coinciding the group's Christmas party.



This year, my schedule was cleared of any event or work that I made it to Nina's. Finally. Nina's house was lovely. I love the wooden furniture. There's a touch of Nina's artistry in every corner, from bookshelf to rug. The company was wonderful. The food was good. There were enough spirits to go around and as often happens when the board gets together, it's the illustrator who earns the most "wows"!



The bookmakers in the board gave out new books. I got a copy of Neni Sta. Romana-Cruz's new book, The Teacher, a Doreen Fernandez bio. Ani Almario proudly distributed copies of Rhandee Garlitos' Ang Higante Sa Loob Ng Aming Bahay. Great gifts and tokens, really. But there is something very personal on the receipt of a hand made work of art. Totet De Jesus' prints were a knockout!

And what did the librarian give out? Bah-hambug!

Here's hoping for a better year ahead. Just one more month and it's already 2010! Merry Christmas, everyone!

5 comments:

Tarie Sabido said...

Happy Holidays, Zarah!

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

same to you! i hope you can join pbby in july 2010 for the annual celebration of national children's book day.

Term Papers said...

I gotta hand it to whoever wrote this, you've really kept me updated! Now, let's just hope that I can come across another blog just as interesting :)

academic writing services said...

Cool! That was a great party as I can see. You guys are happy to be members of Philippine Board On Books For Young People. I know that many members of such clubs work in different academic writing services like one of my friends.

Lippo said...

Great pics! It only shows that you guys really had fun during the party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...