Thursday, January 1, 2009

Keeping Up With A Blogging Tradition

For the past two years, I have been posting the monthly first posts of the past year at the beginning of the new year. At least, not later than the third week of January. I'll be busy pretty soon in preparation for the New Year, so I'll be doing this blogging tradition earlier than the usual. Here's the list of the first posts in this blog by month.

January: New Year Greetings
So I started my blogging life of 2008 with some New Year's greetings I got from friends and family via SMS. It goes to show how texting has ruled and influenced our lives.

February: PAASCU @ San Felipe Neri Parochial School
My first PAASCU visit for 2008 was at San Felipe Neri Parochial School in Mandaluyong. The school principal, Mr. Henry Davalos, was with me as co-accreditor when we visited Divine Word College Legaspi early this month. Small world.

March: specta-KYu-lar
Kenneth Yu was my first blog post in March. Kenneth Yu is a writer, editor and publisher. He is also a true blue Xavier alum. Patronize your own, so they say.

April: The 4th Philippine Blogging Summit
I missed the event last year. My summer had been very busy indeed!

May: GS LRC Purposing
2008 was a challenging year for me as a library manager and administrator. At the onset of the school year, my mantra has been this, "What could not kill me, will make me strong!"

June: Sa Muling Paglipad Ng ibong Mandaragit
Ang unang post ko gamit ang Inang Wika. Syempre, nakisawsaw ako sa isyu. Blogger, e!

July: Another Launch
Looking back, there were plenty of book launching events and invites in 2008. They say the economy was bad and that it's getting worse. But, it does not stop the nation from reading, writing and publishing.

August: Licensed Librarians in Philippine School Libraries
This is a two-for-one post, actually. I wrote about licensed librarians in public school libraries and the PAASCU Convention I attended in late July. 2008 is my PAASCU year, so it seems.

September: MIBF 2008: Words Without Borders
What an eventful September! I got to meet old friends and made new ones at the Manila International Book Fair this year. September is also Salaysayan month so visit my archives to relive some storytelling memories.

October; 2nd Best Filipino Blog of The Week
What can I say but thanks for those who truly voted for my blog. And this I say with pride -- I did not tweak nor tinker with technology to land 2nd best!

November: National Book Awards 2008 for Children's Story
For Anonymous, who asked who won the NBA of 2008 for Children's Story --
The Boy Who Touched Heaven By Iris Gem Lee; Illustrated by Serge Bumatay III and Published by Adarna House & CANVAS


December: Back To Bicolandia
My back to back trip to Bicol was the highlight of the month. The workshop in UNEP was a successful one. While the PAASCU visit at Divine Word College Legaspi is the most unforgettable yet. Seeing Mt. Mayon in all its glory was the perk.

All in all, this blog only had 85 post for 2008 compared to 113 from 2007. Going over the months is like reviewing how my blogging life, professional life and personal life has been the past year. I go back once more to the first blog post I did in January 2008. I smile to myself because somewhere out there are people whose arms have grown too short to scratch their fleas infested back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...