Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Griffins Learn Together: Cyanotype Printing with Enzo Abalayan

Last Friday, my former student, Enzo Abalayan was on campus teaching me cyanotype printing. We are preparing for the yearly Alternative Class Days. Part of it are test runs and walk throughs of processes and activities which informs us of logistics, budgetary and instructional issues and decisions. In return, I gave Enzo some ideas and suggestions for him to draft the proposal. 

 I didn't expect it would be easy and simply amazing. Enzo was patient and entertained all my questions. At one point he said that he didn't see himself working with chemicals since Chem was a tough subject in the DP. Back in the Academy, he struggled through his science classes but, thanks to the arts. It became an avenue for overcoming challenges and self-doubt. 

 Ouie, this one is dedicated to you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...