Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Curatorial Notes on My Artworks

 


Photo: Jose Badelles Feb. 15, 2023

1.       Ode to an Onion

      I drew an onion to highlight its globed shape using pencil and watercolor graphite. I had a real onion on my table while drawing on paper. Finishing this piece was a satisfying exercise since I felt confident working on the curved lines and the gray tones.

2.      The Quill

It was my first time to use an angler shader and watercolor. I was nervous and excited at the same time since I was dependent on my intuition and imagination to finish this piece. 

3.   The Eggplant

Because I had an excess of green and red-violet hues.

4.    The Reed 

This was a pleasant surprise. It was my first time to use three small watercolor brushes, green and a mix of red-violet watercolor paints. I noticed that I am more confident holding small brushes on small art pieces. I need to trust water more.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...