Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Teaching and Learning Research Skills: Philo Book Bingo Activity

One of the library services I am always excited to work on every academic year is the preparation and the design of Pathfinders and/or a virtual classroom library for specific subject areas. Even before the lockdown, library work for me consisted of working closely with subject teachers to support them with resources essential in extending learning and deepening the appreciation of curiosity, opening opportunities for skills building along the way.

Having met our Philosophy teacher at the onset of the school year, I designed a reading bingo card for her class. I was overwhelmed by the coverage of the content. My co-teacher's openness to show me her unit plan and learning goals set me on the path to focus and funnel the skills and topics into a bingo card that can be played during asynchronous sessions. 

I thought about combining the concept of a Pathfinder and incorporating basic research skills into the Philo Book Bingo card. 
As you can see, the bingo card has a link to World Book Online and the library's OPAC. I also included access to the EBSCO ebook high school collection and the Philosophy Resource Center of World Book Online. 

I selected links to podcasts, picked a video on Crash Course, included reading into writing activities and incorporated doodling and drawings as ways to study and remember concepts learned in online class. I had fun making this!

As of writing, I have yet to hear from my co-teacher of the plans and instructions she set up for class. Definitely, I wish to hear feedback from her soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...