Saturday, January 2, 2021

My 2020 Reading Inventory

On Instagram, I posted seven photos of books I plan to read for 2020 around early January. Of the the seven books, I have only read one book in full, which is Liwag and Brion's In Their Own Voice (ADMU Press), a book of essays by young people in a journey of understanding themselves and the world they create and inhabit. Proust and the Squid and The Gutenberg Elegies are books I munched on. These are non-fiction titles which fill in my need for functional reading. All three titles serve a purpose for professional growth. 

For fiction books, I finished nine titles on top of the 19 picture books published by Room to Read, plus, a memoir. I failed to post reviews on all of them on the blog or on Goodreads though.

Yes, it's a tough year even in this department. I am ploughing my way through two books now and started another non-fiction title. Blame it on the pandemic, yes -- like everything else. 



On the one hand, I have seen more than a dozen Kdramas and Netflix originals. 

Then again, I resolve to read more books this year in digital and print format. A balance is essential. It is good for the brain and for my well-being. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...