Sunday, January 19, 2020

Taal, Tagaytay, Talisay and Tanauan

In light of the phreatic eruption of Taal Volcano, I look back at the many times I have been to Tagaytay and Tanauan, Batangas with family and friends. These links are compiled as I remember them. Arranged in no particular order but with fond memories of a beautiful and historic place. This does not include the amazing stretch of beaches and resorts that litter Batangas, the retreat houses and churches and the growing enclaves for artists in Tagaytay. If the alerts reach a level 5, then the terrain will change and so will the lives of those who depend on the land.

Tagaytay is a good place to take on writing retreats. It was there where the Bulilit Books Writing Workshop took place in 2016. A year after, nine picture books were published through the supervision of the Nutrition Council of the Philipipnes.

In February 2019, my friends and I, along with our teenagers visited Sentro BotanikoIlog ni MariaThe Cat and Dog Cafe for a day trip. Back in 2012, I had another day trip but it was in Taal. I wonder now of the basilica and ancestral houses in Talisay and Taal. The Taal Heritage Tour: Taal Basilica and Our Lady of CaysasaySpanish Ancestral Houses, these places hold so much value and precious memory.

It was in Tagaytay when the 1st International Conference on Children's Library Services, was conducted by the National Library of the Philippines. I was one of the speakers and here are the links to the paper I wrote and presented: Paper Presented 2 of 4Paper Presented 3 of 4Paper Presented 4 of 4. Lastly, from 2010 until 2013, I helped a UK Charity set up school libraries in Tanauan, Batangas. Know about it by following these links: Who is Sambat Trust? and Sambat Trust School Library Project: My Story Our World.

While evacuation centers have been set up for residents and families who fled, helping them in the rehabilitation process will take time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...