Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SLIA's Reply on Recommended Books for Bibliotherapy

Here's my reply to Ann Grace Bansig's query.
My recommendations for bibliotherapy: 
Choose stories that kids can mirror themselves as characters in the story. What qualities or values then do you wish to emphasize? Hope? Endurance? Cooperation? Resourcefulness? Decide on this early on. Once you have decided, it would be easy to choose stories.
If I were to tell stories, I would use the fable of grasshopper and ant, but ant would end up helping grasshopper. I would also use Joseph's Overcoat to drive on creativity and imagination. 
You can also share personal stories pod survival and tenacity. Do not forget to use pre, during and post reading questions or activities!
          Good luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...