Saturday, February 22, 2014

23 Mobile Things PH & SG: #s 4 & 5: Maps & Checking In Photos+Maps+Apps

Here's an update on stuff I do at 23 Mobile Things PH & SG:


I've added a badge of Historypin in the blog as I've set up an account. I plan to create a channel of my travels as workshop facilitator, resource speaker and author to different schools and communities. I also intend to create tours of international conferences I've been to and will be going to in the future. I am still in the process of learning this app on photo archiving.

What would make Historypin different from Flickr and other photo apps out there? Technology is fascinating, but the librarian in me could not help but look for order in chaos. I'm trying to be poetic here. I just find the wealth of apps and Web 2.0 freebies overwhelming at times. There must be a way to put things in order and to categorize these apps and freebies into useful mechanism that will aid in content development and construction of knowledge.

Another app I've downloaded (in my iPhone) is Readar from LibraryThing. I think I'll be able to share my experiences with these apps as I go along, using and exploring its functionality in daily life applications.

Technology is pretty cool and yes, in this day and age, it's not just a tool but an environment that needs to be managed.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...