Saturday, April 23, 2011

World Book Day 2011

Today is World Book Day!

Thanks to PaperTigers who blogged the link via The Book Chook. Though I am not reading any book at the moment, I thought about the books I have read the past three months - Beastly, Linger, The Cellist of Sarajevo, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (and oh, the reviews I need to write for these plus the Book Drum contest I need to finish next week!), The Amulet Books 1-3, Masterpiece and GP Taylor's Doppelganger. What a list, huh! I am so proud of myself for having read nine books in the last three months. And there are three more books set aside for reading in the next quarter.

For more information on World Book Day, go to the link and explore the site. It's very British but note that the event began with a UNESCO proclamation as part of its literacy campaign. There's loads to discover from the Brits and how they celebrate World Book Day so head on to the link. You might just realize how we share some things in common with them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...