Saturday, August 12, 2006

Children's Short Story Palanca Awards 2006

This news is from the grapevine and around blogosphere -

The winners for the English Category of the Children's Short Story Division in the Palanca Awards for Literature for 2006 are, Celeste Flores, 1st palce; Grace Chong 2nd place; Dean Alfar, 3rd place.


I still have to check and confirm the winners for the Filipino Category. But what delights me of the news is Dean Alfar's win. I wonder how he fashioned and shortened "Rosang Taba" since it was quite lengthy for a kid to read in one sitting. When he wrote it in his blog, I featured it here in SLIA because I believed in the story's potential as novella for young adults (age 13-21). It has very strong feminine characters. Rosang Taba is not your typical Pinay hero as highlighted in history books.

Congrats to Dean and Grace, and all the winners of this year's Palanca!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...