Thursday, July 21, 2005

The 22nd National Children's Book Day by the Philippine Board On books For Young People

I'm in between deadlines the past few days. Plus, I'm rushing a PowerPoint presentation for my lecture at the Holliday Inn later at 1:00 p.m. I had to make a MAJOR revision in my paper yesterday so this post will be very brief. I hope you enjoy pictures, though.

rioalma'sback


I have taken my oath of allegiance to PBBY's vision, mission and goals. Shaking hands with National Artist Rio Alma is one of the many perks of the job.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rio Alma awards Nikki Dy-Liacco, grand prize winner of this year's Salanga Prize for her story "The Yellow Paper Clip with Bright Purple Spots". Meann Nicodime won the Alcala Prize for best illustrations.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What is National Children's Book Day without kids?

I was flabbergasted when I received Nolo Silayan's letter about being elected as sectoral representative for librarians. I know that there are wiser librarians out there, more experienced in the field who wear their battle scars proud. Instead, the PBBY opted to take in a green horn. I'll just do my damn best.

This is as close I can get to winning a Salanga. Being in the board forfeits my chances. Oh well, I (might) get to judge entries next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...