Thursday, November 2, 2023

Art Therapy and The Extended Essay Workshop


November kicked off with me attending two online workshops namely, the Art Therapy Workshop by Holistico and the required IB workshop on the Extended Essay (EE) Supervision. The former is something new to me. The later is something I have been doing for more or less a decade now. Both workshops will generate certification of legitimate practice.

I remember telling my friend Ouie, a day before he passed on, how I feel a little guilty about paying quite a sum for the Art Therapy workshop. He assured me it was a good and compounding investment. Now that I am on Module 3 of the workshop, I do recognized its benefits and a promising return of investments. What I need to do after finishing this workshop is a staff on project basis to help me organize my workshops and market them online. WHEW.

As for the EE workshop, I am posting some insights I shared in the discussion board. 

All guides from the IB and internal mechanism are helpful, as well as tools, workshops and IB resources of digital and human in nature. The philosophy and ethos behind the DP such as, the program being interdisciplinary and contextual; highly rigorous in academics and scholarly pursuits; and faithful to the mercurial process of young people learning in an ever changing world have kept me going and on course. Needless to say, we are blessed to have a school leadership who is sensitive to the needs of students, teachers and staff in light of the uncertainties of the times. How the leadership is able to provide for the continuous development of the program is admirable, too. COVID was traumatic and the rise and fall of political power affected much of our resources. But, here we are, soldiering on with the knowledge that we cannot give up on our students - the future of our nation and the world.

This workshop will run until December. My quarter 4 is hectic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...