Sunday, April 30, 2023

Review of Related Literature: Aklatan Ko'y Kanlungan

 I am leading a panel/round table discussion in June - a month away. The topics that are up for discussion are safe spaces; inclusion and diversity; multicultural programming in school library and children's library services. Setting the tone of the panel is crucial so I am gathering articles, resources and materials.

My guiding questions are:

1.       What is safe space; inclusion and diversity?

2.       How are the concepts of safe space, inclusion and diversity present and applied in the school library and in children’s library services?

3.       What are evidences of safe space, inclusion and diversity in libraries – in general?

4.       What is the “ideal” safe space for children?

5.       How can libraries create, manage and sustain a library collection that is inclusive and diverse?

My keywords are: school libraries; children's library services; safe space; inclusion and diversity; school library programming. I use Wakelet to dump articles I browed through online. After three days, I go back to Wakelet and read - in depth and more deliberate. I begin to take notes.

This is what my Wakelet looks like:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...