Monday, December 23, 2019

Movie Review: A Christmas Prince

Of the five Netflix original movies I have in my To Watch list this month, I have successfully seen two, so far. I am putting a check on Klaus (2019) and A Christmas Prince (2017). Here is my review of A Christmas Prince.

A Christmas Prince
Motion Picture Corporation of America (MPCA)
Directed by Alex Zamm

One of two romcoms I have in my list, A Christmas Prince contains all the recipes of a Hallmark movie. The characters are pretty much what you would expect from a trope that uses mistaken identity and clean-up-your-mess-to-be-redeemed ending with a kiss in the middle of a snow covered street. There is the scheming and conniving ex-girlfriend, the ambitious royal cousin, the endearing and imperfect princess that acted as the female lead's bestie and fairy god mother. Yes, Cinderella lives!

I did find Rose McIver endearing and Ben Lamb as the titular Christmas Prince is charming. However, sparks were low between the two actors. While I did root for them, their chemistry lacked the fire that says, "We are a sexy pair, so we deserve to be together" at the end of it all. But, the movie has two sequels up in Netflix. But. I am skipping it.

I am moving on to A Knight Before Christmas where Vanessa Hudgens is the female lead. I want to give myself a chance on her again as I loved her in the first High School Musical.

Rating / Recommendation: 3 of 5
Stream it if you are a fan of romcoms :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...