Reposting this from the NBDB FB Page:
The National Book Development Board (NBDB), the government agency mandated to develop and support the Philippine book industry, is conducting the 9th Philippine International Literary Festival (PILF). The event is a landmark project of the NBDB that celebrates literature and promotes best practices through discourse on issues of authorship and readership shaping the book industry.
The Philippine International Literary Festival shall be held on at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Pasay City, Philippines as part of the Buwan ng Panitikan (National Literature Month) celebration.
In line with this, we welcome submissions of proposals from individuals and organizations for breakout sessions that are of professional interest to our attendees (book lovers, writers, illustrators, book designers, librarians, publishers, etc.).
Session topics must hew to the theme “(AUTHOR)ITIES,” underscoring the power and voice that come with creation. Sessions may also revolve around innovative ideas or unique research on any of the following topics:
• Book talks
• Community outreach
• Book programs for differently abled
• Literary adaptations (book to film, book to games/apps, etc.)
• Social media
• Rights acquisition
• Proposals for papers, panels, talks, or workshops must include an abstract (200-250 words) written in a style that is accessible to a variety of readers, including the general public. The session may be in Filipino or English. Abstracts must be submitted in English or be accompanied by an English translation.
• Proposals must indicate your chosen type of presentation (paper, panel, talk, or workshop) and its duration. We welcome 10-15-minute presentations for talks and papers and 30-60-minute presentations for panels. Workshops may be longer than 60 minutes. (Some talks and paper presentations may be merged by the NBDB in one session depending on the topic.)
• Proposals for panels must include a panel abstract and paper abstracts.
• Proposals for workshops must include a 3- to 4-sentence summary for the session.
• All proposals must be sent by filling out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/WtZ
All presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session. Successful applicants will receive priority registration to the festival and complimentary luncheons. Each presenter is responsible for their travel and accommodations.
Deadline for submissions is . Notice of acceptance of proposals will be emailed by .
For further information, please contact Ms. Debbie Nieto at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: litfes
email@example.com) or at (632) 929 3887 loc. 804.
More information about previous festivals may be found on the NBDB website at booksphilippines.gov.ph.