At this juncture in the first term of the school year, I find myself a busier bee. On top of managing a staff and the library's programs, I am also a homeroom adviser. I have six students under my care and mentorship. I am learning a lot from them. How? Well, that would be for another post.
For this post, let me share with you my work list.
Working with teachers, I am a:
1. Sounding board for instructional and pedagogical matters;
2. Brainstorming partner on the use of media and technology;
3. Consultant for resources of all kinds, formats and genre;
4. Teaching partner for research skills instruction;
5. Resource person for community based activities concerning literacy development;
Working with students, I am a:
1. Companion in their research journey;
2. Writing coach;
3. Teacher of skills - critical thinking, information and media literacy;
4. Guide in the digital landscape;
5. Designer of learning environments and spaces.
Teacher Librarians never go out of style!