Title: Klasrum Adarna: Library Improvement Workshop for Library Hubs in NCR
Date and Time: September 4, 2010 - Saturday - 9am-4pm
Venue: DepEd Main Office in QC
Maximum no. of participants: 60 pax
Target profile: 16 Lib Hub Coordinators and the rest will be teacher librarians from public schools who borrow from these hubs
1. To prepare Lib Hub Coordinators for the 3-month long Most Improved Library Hub Campaign which will run from September to November of this year. The competition will be funded by Adarna House and the top three library hubs with the most number of borrowers during the competition period will be awarded on Dec 6, 2010. The prizes are a computer package, an audio visual system, and a document projector.
2. To be one of 2 workshops that will give lib hub coordinators and teacher librarians of public schools tips on how they can improve their hubs. There will be a storytelling workshop by Jay Menes for the same group on Sept 11.
3. To help address Library Hub issues through the help of Pasig's Lib Hub Coordinator, Ms. Digna Aquino. She will be allowed to give a 1 hour talk during the workshop.
The major issues that discourage teachers from borrowing books from the Library Hub are:
1. Difficulty in transporting books from the Hub to the schools. Each title comes in a crate. They will have to own or rent a big vehicle to be able to borrow more titles.
2. Lack financial support for transporting books and creating library activities to encourage kids to read.
3. Penalties for lost and damaged books.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Lib Hub Workshop by Klasrum Adarna
I have prayed for this. God indeed answers prayers.