The Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) is now accepting entries for the 2010 PBBY-Alcala Prize. The contest is co-sponsored by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
The winner shall be given a cash prize of P20,000.00, a gold medal, and an opportunity to be published. Prizes will be awarded in an appropriate ceremony to be held during the celebration of National Children’s Book Day on July 20, 2010.
1. The contest is open to all Filipino citizens except those who are related to any PBBY members up to the third degree of consanguinity.
2. Entries must be based on the 2010 PBBY-Salanga Prize-winning poetry collection by Raymond Falgui. Copies of the said poetry collection may be requested from the PBBY Secretariat.
3.All entries must be original unpublished illustrations that have not won in any previous contest.
4. All entries must consist of three (3) illustrations that are of the same size and medium, based on any 3 poems in the winning collection.
5. A contestant may send in more than one (1) entry.
6. Each entry must be signed by a pen name only, preferably on a small piece of paper pasted on the back of each artwork. Entries with a signature or any identifying marks are automatically disqualified.
7. Together with each entry, contestants must submit a separate envelope, on the face of which only the pen name of the contestant shall appear. The envelope must contain the contestant’s full name, address, contact numbers, short description of background, and notarized certification vouching for the originality of the entry and for the freedom of the organizers from any liability arising from the infringement of copyright in case of publication.
8. All entries must be sent to the PBBY Secretariat, c/o Adarna House, 2nd Floor, FSS Building, 20 Scout Tuason Street, Quezon City by April 30, 2010.Winners will be announced no later than May 28, 2010. Non-winning entries must be claimed no later than June 25, 2010, after which they will no longer be the responsibility of the organizers.
For more details, interested parties may contact PBBY by calling 372-3548 or emailing email@example.com.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
The 2010 Alcala Prize
Since there is already a winner of the Salanga Prize, the 2010 Alcala Prize now commences.