Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Storytelling and Hand Built Pottery: Tracing My Roots

This turtle is my first ceramic project. I made this during a clay and pottery session back in 2018 with Teacher Maui of @ili.likhaan.

This turtle is inspired by a folk tale I enjoy telling and sharing from the oral tradition. It is a story of resilience and facing the truth no matter how difficult or dark.

We often fear the truth. We refuse to seek the truth. But there is a turtle who sought and accepted her own truths and that of the universe’s. In so doing her shell was broken and she experienced pain. In time, she healed and her broken shell bore scars that are so unique it is beautiful and wonderful to behold.


Clay and ceramic art is storytelling too. And as I go back to this art, I am creating and making; and telling and sharing new stories fashioned from years of experiences living, loving and learning to be.

I will be opening sessions on storytelling and hand building pottery. You are welcome to join in the circle!

Special thanks to Mari the Potter at Studio Mari for glazing and firing my projects. Her expertise and services complete the story of every pot and ceramic’s journey.

Head on to @silver_linings_t.zee for details and registration link.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...