Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Kuwentong Bangtan: NFT and Jack in the Box (1 of 2)

A conversation on digital access, Jhope's new album and NFTs.

This one is from my Facebook Page. Putting it here in the blog for emphasis and archiving. I lifted some comments that are helpful to track and to take note of. These comments are from two friends, namely Jamie Bautista and Fr. Earl Valdez.

I had this interesting conversation about NFT and blockchain technology with a friend at work. My friend has ventured into NFT created art work and she's pretty happy at the process. So I told her about Jhope of BTS' new album that will be accessible via Weverse (shop and album). I wondered if this is already the NFT-ization of BHE and HYBE artists' content and productions.

What followed was an exchange of questions and answers that helped me understand blockchains and NFT from her end as a content creator. I am still wrapping my head around this digital process of creating and consuming content especially from musicians and artists I am a fan of. As a consumer, I need to understand where I am putting my money on. As a fan, I wonder how this will affect my enjoyment and engagement of the art and the music I love. As teacher librarian, I am intrigued at the implications of blockchains and NFT on intellectual property, the changing value of information and the behavior of consumers towards content and knowledge creation.
Hybe is poised to go full swing on NFTs. With the volatility of NFTs and the ever changing landscape of technology, there is more to come indeed! But is it the best? We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...