Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Kuwentong Bangtan: Min Yoongi and Our ARMY Life. So far.

On the last day of work, I had the chance to visit the campus after nearly two years of work from home arrangement. Naglambing si daughter.

ARMY Daughter: Mama, please don’t forget my book list.

Checking her PM that has the book list, I was impressed.

Me: You make Namjoon proud!

ARMY Daughter: It’s actually Yoongi. Siya kaya ang nagpabalik ng loob ko sa libro.

Me: Yoongi made you read again. Is that why he’s your ultimate bias?

ARMY Daughter: No, he’s my wrecker of all time. Alam mo yun… kase, Yoongi is like the missing piece in a puzzle. The things he say on interviews, parang yun ang period. A punctuation. A closure. He isn’t perfect, just like any human being. But he is frank, firm and —

Me: Dependable. Stable.

ARMY Daughter: Yes! After his battles with depression, di ba? Pwede pala ma-achieve ang balance or the sense of it. At least.

I didn’t see Yoongi in this light until this conversation I had with my daughter. Ah, the stuff I learn from her and BTS. And because it’s Christmas in four days, I just want to throw my gratitude to Min Yoongi to the universe. Thank you, Min Yoongi, for being an inspiration to my daughter. She is going through her own personal struggles of being and well-being. Your life story, so far, is a reminder of hope, grit, and to go after what is worth fighting for.

Borahae!  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...