Tuesday, December 7, 2021

For Kim Namjoon

This one is for my BTS FB Group as we celebrate Christmas as ARMYs.

During the 2021 Festa, when Bangtan had their annual Corner Store, Namjoon said “I am curious about each fan’s story. How they became ARMY. I’m curious what kind of dreams they have and what they do; where and how they live, all these things. One day, I hope the day would come that we can listen to each one of their stories.” I have never seen an artist or a boyband’s leader think about fans in such a very personal way. Kim Namjoon, BTS leader, is eager to know and to listen to stories of fans.

At that time, I was already impressed of Namjoon. He has a remarkable IQ; a voracious appetite for books; the clumsiness in which he moves about completing daily routines; and namjooning - the quiet and the deliberate carving of personal space and inner peace amidst a chaotic and noisy world. All these qualities I found endearing. But for me to know that he is constantly curios about learning stories of ARMYs elevated my endearment of him to utter respect. In my line of work, stories and storytelling are powerful tools to bridge gaps, create connections and build communities. In some strange way, I felt that we have become allies.

I look at Namjoon now and I marvel at the continued progress he is making for himself, for Bangtan, for music and the arts, and for society in general. He has definitely beefed up in stature and physique. His confidence is out of this world and yet, he was the first to cry at the sound check on Day 1 of the PTD On Stage concert in LA. He cussed, cursed and cried some more on the last day of the concert. But at the end of it all, he stood firm and tall with his brothers. He is namu. He is the leader this generation is aching to have.

And so, as our dear TOB Admins prepare the special items for the RM themed Christmas box for Tita Festa 2021, the lucky winner will definitely be inspired by Namjoon’s tenacity and his strength in vulnerability.

Visit TOB regularly because the full details and mechanics of the giveaway will be dropped at 12MN, and that the duration of the raffle will be from 12MN to 8PM only. We are Titas of BTS. Pearl ARMY. Borahae!

~ Tita Zee 😊

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...