Thursday, November 18, 2021

BA Library Online Author Visit: Writing About Science with Ms. Natasha Vizcarra

And it is done! Ms. Vizcarra's visit in the Academy was cool and fun!

Here is my short reflection and thank you message to our learning community, most especially to the teachers and the students who helped make the activity possible.

The Online Author Visit of Ms. Vizcarra was very informative. She covered important aspects of the writing and the research process. Sharing what she learned from real practice and building on skills overtime was precious. We learn by doing, indeed! We hope that her input and the sharing of her thinking process allowed us to reflect our own approach and style.

I am still munching on this line from her talk: My editor frequently challenged me. So I ask myself, how open am in accepting challenges from peers and readers of my work? As a Teacher Librarian in BA, I think about the research services we provide students if these are relevantly challenging to them. With just about the right amount of support. ☺️
Feel free to reach out to us for responses, questions and insights on this activity. 
Do consider donating a copy of Spikeys, Prickles and Prongies to our partner public schools. 
You can also buy a personal copy for your child, pamangkin or inaanak. Once again, thank you! Your participation is also a great help for the local book industry.


View and read my previous posts about Ms. Vizcarra's Online Author Visit by following these links.

Online Author Visit Plan and Proposal 

Priming Activity: Getting to Know Ms. Natasha Vizcarra

How to plan an Author Visit? Here are tips in planning and hosting an Author Visit in the School Library.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...