Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Library and Research Skills Instruction: Bibliography and APA Citation Basics

 This month, I had two sessions of library and research skills instruction. 

The first one was with our Grade 10s who are gearing up for Personal Project. I gave a 30 minute talk on bibliography and how the library can help them in their inquiry and research needs. My talk focused more on converting a question, a goal of research and an inquiry into a language of answers.

The second one was with our Grade 9 students who have started working on varied research tasks across subject areas. I had a talk on APA Citation Basics with them during a 30 minute skills session in the Comparative Religions (CRe) or World Religions class. For this group, I focused my talk on the principles behind making a bibliography and the fundamentals of citations. 

Since CRe/World Religions is under the discipline of the social sciences, it is but natural that the World Religions teacher request for a session on APA Citations. Below is the infographic I made for the class.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...