Wednesday, April 22, 2020

empowerEd Podcast Channel: "Global Voices: Pondering Over Education and the COVID-19 Pandemic,"

I just had an interview with Francis Jim Tuscano for an episode in his podcast channel, empowerED. The theme for this season is "Global Voices: Pondering Over Education and the COVID-19 Pandemic".  It aims to tell the stories of educators around the world at this time of the pandemic- challenges, hopes, and reflections. 

I am honored to be a guest in his podcast channel. This is my first podcast recording with a distinguished educator such as Mr. Tuscano. I first met him through a paper he wrote on integrating information technology and finally, shaking his hand and seeing him face to face last year in the Reading Association of the Philipines DemoFest and Mid-Year Conference in Iloilo. Our paths crossed in a field of discipline that I often traverse outside Library and Information Science. We also share the Xavier School experience since he is a faculty member and I, a former librarian in the Greenhills, San Juan campus. 


Jim Tuscano (second from left) with RAPpers in Iloilo City
Life is indeed strange and beautiful!

For the interview, Mr. Tuscano sent me these guide questions:


What challenges in terms of literacy are we seeing or anticipating at this time of school closure?
How can teachers continue to foster literacy despite school closure?How can the home help in ensuring that kids continue to love and appreciate reading?What have been the most important learnings that you got at this moment? 

I have notes as answers to his questions but the interview didn't turn out the way I thought it would - which is pretty cool. I will post my answers to the questions for the blog, but I do encourage you to visit Mr. Tuscano's podcast channel not just on the day of my interview, but right now. The ideas, insights and sharing of experiences among professionals and practitioners in the field of educational technology in empowerEd are awesome sauce. Also, issues on teaching and pedagogy are discussed. 

Follow these links  To know more about empowerED Podcast Channel, you may visit our channel on Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2kHX53u or Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2kEpabQ. Our empowerED Podcast is produced and distributed for FREE to educators globally. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...